Conspiracy of knocking down the Bhairavi Ashram illegally by bulldozer, the reality regarding the land of the Bhairavi Ashram.
The action taken by the Administration on 27-11-2010 on Sant Sri Asaramji Ashram, Bhairavi, Tehsil- Chikhali, Dist.- Navsari (Gujarat) is absolutely illegal. The real facts regarding the land of the ashram are as follows-
(1) Various pious undertakings like de-addiction programs, Bal sanskar Kendras, yoga training camps, hostels for the tribal students, ayurvedic and homeopathic clinics, distribution of food-grains, distribution of articles of daily use amongst the tribal people from time to time, for the upliftment of tribal people are being carried out since the year 1993 in Bhairavi, by the Ashram. This has brought about great awareness in the people of this area. Thousands of people have been relieved of addictions. The students are getting moral and spiritual values. With malicious approach towards such social activities, the several local trouble causing elements are trying to malign the ashram.
(2) In the year 1993, the Gram Panchayat, Bhairavi, had passed a motion through motion no. 4 of date 1-1-1993 for giving this land to the Ashram.
(3) D.S.P., Valsad (Gujarat) had shown consent by the letter dated 18-12-1995, for conferring this land to the ashram.
(4) The state Government had by the motion of 6-10-2001, given the permission of giving this land to the Institution.
(5) Accordingly the Navsari Collector gave the information of submitting the price of the land through the letter dated 24-3-2003, to the ashram.
(6) On 27-3-2003, the ashram presented its chalan (no. 2149), after submitting the price.
(7) The collector kachahari, Navsari through the letter no. CH/LND/worksheet-742-49/2003 date-10-4-2003, allocated the 10 acre land of survey no. 55 of Bhairavi, which includes the 2305 square meter construction of satsang mandap/temple, office, cottage etc. and 38165 square meter open land, to the ashram after taking the price as decided by the administration.
(8) The land given by the administration and the construction work done on it has been shown as house no. 293 by the Gram Panchayat and its tax is also being paid to the Gram Panchayat by the Institution regularly since many years.
(9) While handing over the possession of the land to the ashram, the officers have shown the above mentioned construction work including the satsang mandap, to be in the survey no. 55, in the map given with the signature and seal. But the Gram Panchayat after several years, on date 31-12-2009 said by giving notice that the land of the satsang-mandap does not come under survey no. 55 rather it comes under survey no. 59. Hence it should be demolished.
(10) Against the above notice of the Gram Panchayat, petition was filed in the court of the Principal Civil Judge by re.di.mu. no. 1/2010 by the ashram. The case is pending for the time being. In the meantime, on 27-11-2010 at 6 a.m. that too in winters, some of the members of Gram Panchayat out of malice suddenly reached the ashram along with JCB and police team and they started demolishing the constructions like satsang mandap etc. illegally which had been allocated by the state government to the Institution through the above order. On Saturday the courts were also closed. Hence there were neither any high officials like Collector etc. available nor any judge. In such a situation the Institution had nobody in front of whom it could place its lawful side.
(11) Even before demolishing any illegal construction, it is necessary to inform the related Institution at least 72 hours in advance but the Institution did not get any such kind of notice.
(12) This way the land which had been allocated by the state government many years back, on which construction the Gram Panchayat has been levying tax, the case is still pending, telling such land as illegal and without sufficient legal notice, while showing indifference to the court, without abiding by the enactments of the Gujarat Gram Panchayat, taking law into their own hands, on the day when the government offices and courts are closed, at 6:00 a.m. in winters, suddenly coming and demolishing it. Can this be termed lawful? An institution whose thousands of sevadharis are engaged in public welfare and have sacrificed their body, mind and wealth while carrying out various kinds of welfare activities in the far off tribal areas, and which has benefited lakhs of people, instead of aiding in such excellent national welfare endeavour and instead of appreciating such pious activities, how much lawful it is on the part of some people with selfish and malicious approach to cause illegal destruction in the ashram of a Hindu saint?
Against such illegal activity proper legal action is being taken by the Institution for compensation for the loss incurred, by filing petition in the court.